A Blockchain Fin-tech from Chicago, Illinois, backed by more than 17 investors such as Struck Capital, Bain Capital, TradeStation and Tastyworks offers an institutional settlement utility for the digital asset space.
Some of the responsibilities:
- Support the company’s vital business by contributing to the design and development of software in an event-driven microservices environment.
- Develop microservices in Golang and Python.
- Work with platform engineers to set up new services.
- Respond to production issues and alerts.
- When necessary, communicate directly with the client technical team.
- 10 years of experience, preferably in the FinTech space or Start-up.
- A humble and scrappy get-it-done mindset; you’re resourceful and in your element going from 0 to 1.
- Excellent problem-solving skills. Can troubleshoot complex systems.
- Experience scaling distributed message-based systems.
- Deep Proficiency with at least one of Python and Golang and experience with the other.
- Advocate for Software Testing Best Practices.
- Solid understanding of SQL and database schema design.
- Strong focus on backends, APIs, microservices, service-oriented architectures (SOA), or distributed systems.
- Experience with distributed caches or event streaming technology, such as Redis, Apache Kafka, RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ, ZeroMQ, Memcache, Amazon SQS.
- Comfort with ambiguity; the ability to independently layout and test clear hypotheses, and solve problems without well-defined direction.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Overall, a deep sense of involvement and ownership in all aspects of the application lifecycle: development, testing, monitoring, and support.
- Blockchain and Cryptocurrency experience or interest desirable.
- SciPy (Pandas) experience is a plus.