We’re on a mission to help combat false news and misinformation. Project Uolo works to improve the quality and credibility of information that millions of people see every day on social media.
We urgently need Hausa speakers to help us with our mission to make social media safer. We pay a competitive hourly rate and guarantee 20 hours of work each week.
By joining Project Uolo, you’ll not only help make social media safe but also have the opportunity to work on other projects at the forefront of artificial intelligence for the world’s largest technology companies.
The role of a Social Media Evaluator is to review posts, comments, videos, or images and assess their credibility (e.g. about politics, the economy, and COVID-19). Working part-time from home, you will check newsfeeds and search results using a specialized tool from Appen and provide ratings and information about the content that you see.
- Strong written and spoken English, and Hausa language skills
- Familiarity with using social media. No other experience is necessary.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- You must be eligible to work within the country you reside in Nigeria
- A personal computer
- High-speed internet connection (Cable Modem, Fiber, DSL, etc.)
- You will be required to work 20 hours consistently each week. You can choose which days and times suit you.
- All candidates are required to take and pass a short quiz after reading some guidelines. You’ll have two chances to retake the quiz if needed.
What to expect when you register:
- Create an Appen Account
- Choose Hausa (Nigeria) as your primary language
- Complete your profile and project registration [5 min]
- Study the provided guidelines [at your own pace]
- Agree to confidentiality and ways of working rules
- Pass the quiz
"A diverse, inclusive culture is vital to our mission of helping build better AI. We offer opportunities for individuals of all abilities and backgrounds."