As a Solution Architect, you will be responsible to develop practical and workable digital solutions for our internal business and technical teams. You’ll analyze and evaluate business systems and user needs to craft solutions that are scalable, adaptable, and work collaboratively with the User Experience and Design, eCommerce, Growth, and Digital Technology teams. We're seeking candidates with expertise creating these systems and a passion for enabling teammates to help build and support. The Solution Architect will work closely with our business users and technical team, acting as the domain and subject matter expert. Experience working with an enterprise eCommerce platform, microservices-based architecture, and content management systems is very much desired.
This position reports to the Director of Strategy & Architecture. This role can work remote from anywhere in the U.S. or locally in our Redwood City, CA or Boise, ID office location.
What you’ll do:
• Analyze business requirements, process and apply solutions in line with business
requirements and needs
• Represent and communicate technical requirements and trade-offs in a business
environment to facilitate effective decision making
• Build diagrams and workflows to demonstrate steps and describe logical operational
steps of the system
• Create accurate work estimates and design solutions for execution
• Ability to work on complex projects independently and with a team during multiple
phases of a project
• Be the Subject Matter Expert who acts as a “consultant” on complex
What you bring to the table:
• BS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field
• Awareness of different integration/message exchange patterns
• Appreciation of a variety of architectural styles such as Service Oriented Architectures,
Event Driven Architectures, Client-Server Architectures, REST
• Exposure to other systems in the ERP, CRM, Data Engineering space
• Understanding of network communications, including TCP/IP, HTTP, and RPC protocols
• Familiarity with security principles using SSL protocols and data encryption specific to
microservice architecture implementation
• Experience working within the retail and eCommerce industry is desirable
• Strong knowledge of Microservices, API and Headless Architecture
• Experience working with and integrating enterprise system through API platforms
• Experience working with and coaching Agile/Scrum Teams
• Experience with JIRA (Issue Tracking) and Confluence (Requirements/Collaboration tool)
Notes: This is a full-time, permanent position with benefits. Please submit a cover letter and resume. Please include in your cover letter a dish that you would like to bring to one of our potlucks.
About Us: Balsam Brands is a multi-brand eCommerce retailer with roots in holiday and home décor. We strive for excellence in everything we do and present a unique opportunity to those who are seeking to have a meaningful impact in a fast-paced, high-energy environment. We love to reimagine eCommerce and retail in ways that thrill our customers, and to leave a lasting impact on the world around us. We have fast-growing teams in the Bay Area, Boise, Manila, and Dublin.
The company's outward focus on building trusted consumer brands along with its internal focus on excellence and being a great place to work have propelled it to consistent, rapid growth.
• Balsam Brands in Forbes: https://bit.ly/balsambrandsforbes
• Balsam Brands on LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/balsam-brands/
At Balsam Brands, we strive to offer a competitive compensation and benefits package. For permanent, full-time team members, this includes:
• Competitive compensation, including a cash-based incentive plan
• Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage, with 100% of insurance costs
covered for team members, and 85% covered for dependents
• Medical, transit, dependent care FSA
• Company-paid life and AD&D insurance
• Short and long-term disability insurance
• 401(k) with dollar-for-dollar company match up to $4,000
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and other mental health and wellness perks
• Paid holidays, annual shutdown week, PTO, and volunteer time-off (VTO) packages
• Annual continuous learning benefit up to $1,000 per person, per fiscal year
• Valuable extras: identity theft protection, subsidized parking, subsidized gym
At Balsam Brands, we are dedicated to diversity in our dynamic and growing workforce and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, citizenship, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.