SSD Validation Engineer position:
CriticalRiver Inc. is a trusted technology consulting company for comprehensive consulting, implementation, and managed services across the globe. The company’s highly experienced consultants are experts at understanding client needs and delivering strategic solutions that leverage the latest technologies and industry best practices.
• Bring up new computer hardware from component PC parts
• OS and software tool installs on PC
• Manipulate NVMe SSDs in prep and test (load firmware, assess drive health, asses proper cooling, change drive configuration, etc.)
• Execute test sequences using the in-house tool
• Execute “canned” tests from test vendors and 3rd party tools
• Track executions and timely report on new/unique failures
• First level triage of failures given test, host, and drive event logs. Second level triage available as proficiency is gained.
• Report test results on regular cadence
• Enhance automation of current processes using python, MS Office (VBA), or ansible tools and frameworks
• Enhance analysis of data out of our historical test records and recent executions, anticipating trends and defining actions for continued improvement
• 5+ years of experience in test, Electronic Engineering/storage NAND/SSD.
• ONFI Interface experience.
• Experience with PC builds, rack/server builds; experience wiring large assemblies with organization in mind i.e. cable mgmt., labeling, etc.
• Demonstrated experience in python 2 and 3
• Demonstrated experience in Linux working environment
• Bash and shell scripting
• Understanding of kernel operations
• Network/automation interactions with the OS
• Demonstrated ability to walk through an experimental design, assess all variables and expected outcomes
• Demonstrated triage/debug experience or necessary skillset as described above
• Solid communication skills, comfort speaking to cross-functional teams about test results and expectations.
Desired attributes and intangibles:
• Process-oriented individual; extreme attention to detail
• Flexible schedule to accommodate occasional late/weekend test requests
• Proximity to Longmont, CO lab and office site
• Desire to work on a large, dynamic team where success lies in team excellence rather than individual excellence
• Growth mindset – a general willingness to learn and excited attitude about the industry and his/her foothold in it
• Leadership mindset – ability to take ownership of tasks, anticipate next steps, funnel actions from core team meetings down to functional owners
Salary: Highly Competitive
Location: Longmont, CO.
Marlon Brenes - Technical Recruiter at Critical River Inc.