We are looking to immediately fill an open fulltime Staff Accountant position on our General Accounting team. In this role, you would be responsible for assisting the Senior Accounting Manager and Accounting Coordinator on a variety of tasks, including bank and account reconciliations, client reporting, filing state informational returns, making payments for state tax returns, preparing various analyses, and client service communication.
We are seeking a dependable, highly motivated, and organized team player to join our Accounting team. This is a dynamic role in a fast-paced company. The ideal candidate must be able to think critically, multitask while maintaining high attention to detail and can work independently as well as part of a team with flexibility and willingness to learn. Experience or knowledge of the beverage alcohol industry is a plus but not required.
As a strong candidate for this position, you are:
Highly Motivated: You are detail oriented, innovative, determined in the face of complex challenges, and have a history of delivering value. We want to give you the platform to make an immediate, significant impact and to build on that impact as you grow your career with us.
A Team Player: We are a leader in our industry with a start-up mentality and many exciting business initiatives on the horizon. We work as a team to achieve successful implementation of our initiatives and company goals. You welcome the opportunity to roll up your sleeves and jump into whatever is needed while balancing multiple work streams.
Results Oriented: You take pride in your work and aim to deliver results and overcome obstacles. You embrace challenges and are not afraid to contribute to overall team initiatives as well as execute daily tasks.
An Excellent Communicator: You possess strong verbal and written communication skills in dealing with both internal team members as well as external clients. You are an effective and proactive communicator with the ability to build and uphold strong relationships and transparency with internal management and staff, as well as clients, outside vendors and partners.
In this role you will:
· Perform bank and account reconciliations and client reporting packages
· Prepare, review and post journal entries to the general ledger
· Ensure compliance with state regulatory requirements including state beverage tax reporting
· Provide customer service to our clients, customers, and stakeholders through phone and email
· Assist with departmental administrative tasks and other duties as needed
· Work closely with other departments to achieve timely and accurate results
· File state informational returns, making payments for state tax returns, and assist in assembling and organizing data required for state tax audits
· 0-2+ years of relevant experience
· Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
· Public accounting and/or private industry experience in an accounting or finance related role
· Technology savvy with advanced Excel knowledge
· Strong initiative, intellectual curiosity, and willingness to take ownership of complex problems
· Excellent analytical skills and ability to multi-task while maintaining a high attention to detail
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Prior working experience with an ERP system is a plus
· CPA license or has credits qualifying to sit for the CPA exam is a plus
Benefits & Location
· Medical, Dental, 401K, Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, FSA (Flexible Spending Account), Employee Assistance Program.
MHW reinvented how alcoholic beverages go to market in the United States and provides market-leading solutions for market access, sales fulfillment, and compliance management to producers and importers of alcoholic beverage globally. We have helped many of the most successful brands in alcohol enter and excel in the US market. And we are in growth mode to help the next generations of brands achieve outsized success in a highly competitive environment.
Ideally, you would be open and able to work remotely and in-office 2-3 days per week (flexible) at our headquarters in Manhasset, NY. MHW is deemed an essential business by the State of New York, and we operate a safe working environment, including social distancing always.
MHW was named a Top Employee-Retention Company by Force Brands - Join us as we continue driving innovation and evolution in the beverage alcohol industry!