Transcribe audio to help build state-of-the-art AI-powered speech recognition models! We imagine a world in which AI augments human communication. We believe that the AI of the future needs to be inclusive and empowering of everyone – regardless of language, dialect, accent, or mode of communication.
This is an AI Specialist project. Our team’s mission is to deliver the best data solutions and expertise to developers of AI for communication, driven by our passion for innovation and our love of languages.
Produce highly accurate transcriptions of conversational speech combined with annotation markup. We will provide you with Guidelines for how to transcribe and annotate the audio. The data will be used to develop better AI-powered speech recognition.
• Flexible working hours
• Stable internet connection
• Strong attention to detail
• Understanding of basic linguistic concepts
• Good reading comprehension skills in English
• Ability to review examples and apply rules to data
• Familiarity with spelling conventions in North/South Levantine Arabic
• Fluent written and spoken skills knowledge of North/South Levantine Arabic
• Currently residing in State of Palestine
• Prior experience with transcription and annotation of acoustic data
• Successful completion of our qualification process:
○ Assess the accuracy of your spelling: You have 2 attempts to pass the Quiz.
○ Assess your understanding of the project guidelines provided: You have 2 attempts to pass the Quiz.
When you work on our projects, you are helping develop responsible, unbiased AI.
What to expect when you register:
• Create an Appen Account
• Choose North or South Levantine Arabic (State of Palestine) as your primary language
• Complete your profile and project registration [5 min]
• Study the provided guidelines [at your own pace]
• Agree to confidentiality and ways of working rules
• Pass the quiz
Thank you and we hope to work with you soon!
"Appen has a diverse, inclusive culture that is vital to our mission of helping build better AI. We offer opportunities for individuals of all abilities and backgrounds."