What is a Virtual Assistant Validator?
You will help tune virtual assistants used by billions of people by looking at a task and writing a query for it, validating existing queries, and thinking of different ways of asking the questions.
Appen performs basic online tasks to validate the quality and relevance of virtual assistants. This position helps to ensure that people around the world are presented with the most effective and relevant data possible. In other words, your input counts in creating a better user experience.
In this project, you will put yourself in the shoes of a smart home user and find different ways of writing specific requests in your local language.
- Chinese speakers living in China
- You should be able to write proficiently in your language
- You must be able to proficiently read English to understand instructions
- You should frequently check your email for notices from the project team for available work
- While not a requirement, it helps to have some familiarity with smart assistants, e.g., Google Assistant, Alexa, and Siri
What do you need to prepare?
- Access in a stable internet connection
- Have a laptop or large-screened device, such as a tablet
Other Things to know:
- Review the splash page and acknowledge you want to proceed to qualification
- Pass Language Certification quiz (for some languages)
Do you want a glimpse into the future of AI virtual assistants? Do you want to improve one of the world's most popular smart home technologies for over half a billion people? Become an Appen Contributor now!
- Work from home with flexible hours
- Opportunity to participate in more than one task and/or projects
- Earn extra income
Thank you and we hope to work with you soon!
"A diverse, inclusive culture is vital to our mission of helping build better AI. We offer opportunities for individuals of all abilities and backgrounds."