• Performs all hands on routine inspection, preventative maintenance, condition monitoring, troubleshoots, corrective and emergency repairs on generator sets and associated local control systems and SCADA system with computer servers and interface controllers in working order. Diagnose problems and then repair/replace defective parts as required.
• Performs hands on electrical maintenance and repair of power production electrical and mechanical and auxiliary systems of power generation facilities operating at 30MVA and greater total output with diesel driven prime movers.
• Performs hands on inspects, operates, and maintains the paralleling and main medium voltage switchgear systems, Eaton VCP-W, with local and remote monitor and metering capabilities, SCADA and PLC control systems, alarm response to ensure maximum system reliability.
• Performs hands on inspects, and tests fuel receiving and distribution system including tanks, pumps, leak detection, fuel distribution and inventory, scheduling orders, and reporting.
• Inspects operational activities for safety precautions and instructs employees against occupational hazards. Responsible for employee conduct and compliance with all safety policies, regulations and compliance with all OSHA and NFPA requirements.
• Coordinates environmental testing, required permitting and compliance activities with the Department of States designated representative. Responsible for operation of the power generation facility within all environmental and regulatory requirements and constraints.
• Supervise, manage, and schedule multi-skilled level operations and maintenance team members, power generation operators, power generation mechanics and electrical switchgear and relay technicians and administrative/support personnel.
• Completes performance evaluations, implements training programs, addresses grievances, and administer disciplinary actions as required to subordinate multi-national employees.
• Maintains technical library and record-keeping which documents all procedures necessary to accomplish assigned responsibility.
• Responsible for facility custodianship of work area, hand, power, and shop tools.
• Responsible for department communications activities – attend/participate in department meetings. Identify department risk/liability and develop work plans to manage ongoing risks as it relates to the operation of the power generation facilities, power delivery and power quality. Be able to articulate concerns and forward to Department of State management.
• Responds to emergency calls regarding power generation equipment breakdowns and unit outages. Ability to interpret and apply required corrective action with data readings and results of equipment checks to identify equipment or process problems and take appropriate responses to correct or resolve problems.
Minimum Acceptable Experience and Qualification Levels:
• Must have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in inspecting, operating, monitoring, maintaining, and repairing multi-diesel driven generator power generation facilities with an output capacity of 30MVA or greater.
• Hands on inspect, test, and repair components of electrical systems to include generators, transformers, transfer switches, switch gear, PLC controls, and fuel monitoring and delivery systems.
• Education: A high school diploma or GED plus related technical training.
• Valid drivers’ license from home of record.
• Must provide copies of training certificates in the Fundamentals of Electrical Safety based on NFPA 70E standards. This training must have been completed one year prior to the start of the contract.
• Knowledge and experience regarding occupational hazards for electrical and mechanical trades, related safety practices, and skill required for the installation, maintenance, and repair of power generator systems and equipment.
• Basic knowledge and trained with current certification of First Aid & CPR.
• Must rescue an injured victim from an electrical conductor.
• Must know Lockout/Tagout Procedures.
Skills and Competencies:
• Must possess current training and able to demonstrate general knowledge of industrial safety and environmental regulations, including compliance with OSHA and NFPA70E requirements, personal protective equipment use and lock out tag out procedures for electrical, mechanical and fluid systems and controls.
• Ability to read, comprehend/understand and apply information contained in manufacturer equipment manuals, facility document including drawings and specification, operation and maintenance manuals, standard operating and emergency response procedures, material safety data sheets, etc.
Kindly send us your cv to : firstname.lastname@example.org