Our health system is broken, and it’s a huge problem. Costs are rising out of control while the patient experience gets worse. At Sana, we're passionate about fixing this problem by bringing accessible and affordable health plans to small and medium businesses. We've built an innovative team with top talent from across the health insurance and tech industries to create engaging, modern plans for our clients. This allows our customers to offer competitive benefits packages while paying an average of 20% less than traditional plans.
At Sana Benefits, we are building an integrated health plan centered on accountable primary care, consumer advocacy and digital care delivery to achieve superior consumer experience, better health and lower costs. And reimagining pricing, benefit design and administration of health benefits are foundational to this mission. As our business continues to grow, so will the opportunities to innovate, automate flexibility and scale our infrastructure, platforms and data science.
We are looking for a brilliant Technical Product Manager to be responsible for product performance, development of a product roadmap, and execution of strategic initiatives. You’ll collaborate with actuarial, underwriting, plan administration, sales, marketing, product, design, engineering and data science to deliver technology that our internal teams can delightfully and efficiently use to deliver innovative products at scale.
What you will do
- Own the strategy, roadmap, build, delivery and lifecycle management of infrastructure, platforms and services that drive pricing and administration of health plan benefits
- Lead and partner with cross-functional stakeholders to identify and prioritize initiatives that make our products market competitive, user-preferred, and maximally impactful
- Define the frameworks and metrics through which you will measure success, and monitor and analyze those metrics to track progress and inform prioritization
- Deeply understand the needs of target users and stakeholders, including regulatory and compliance constraints
- Understand and track emerging data, analytics and technology trends and evaluate innovators’ technical capabilities
- Identify and drive integrations with 3rd-party data, APIs and services that can create more seamless and valuable systems
- 3-5 years (Product Lead) or 5+ years (Senior Product Lead) of relevant experience
- Collaboration: Strong and flexible communication skills to work with stakeholders in making tradeoff decisions and prioritizing requests.
- Results: A track record of delivering on data and software-based initiatives that create business impact.
- Bias to Action: strong project management skills, can think creatively and strategically about how to solve a problem, adapt to changing context, unstuck the team and drive towards a decision.
- Analytical: excel at getting the information needed to prove/disprove a hypothesis using research and data.
- A desire to join a remote-first team.
- Low ego. High empathy.
- Strong knowledge in at least one of these areas: actuarial, underwriting, pricing, claims processing, benefit design or insurance space.
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in engineering, computer science or other technical field, or equivalent.
Sana is a modern health plan solution for small and medium businesses. We use a more efficient financing structure and integrated technology solutions to cut out wasteful spending and get members access to better quality care at lower cost. Founded in 2017, we are an experienced team of engineers, designers and health system operators. We have the financial backing of Silicon Valley venture firms and innovative reinsurance partners. If you are excited about building something new and being a part of fixing our broken healthcare system from the inside, please reach out!