Who’s behind Deel?
We're a global team that loves to build and solve problems, especially when it comes to the world of remote work. Made up of self-driven people spanning 50+ countries, Deel's unified yet diverse culture keeps us continually learning and improving.
Companies should be able to hire the best talent anywhere in the world, so we're building the tools to make that a reality. Our market-leading tech, expertise, and, most importantly, the team are crucial. As a whole, we find fulfillment in working together towards our shared mission.
So, why now?
A significant shift has occurred within today's workforce, and with it, business as we know it has drastically changed. At Deel, we see a world without hiring borders, but we needed to find a solution to make it happen. A 30-mile hiring radius should no longer limit how companies hire because great talent lives everywhere. Along with the quickly accelerating global talent market, Deel exists to stay on top (and ahead) of all things international hiring to help teams hire, manage, pay, and scale their global teams at rocket speed.
As the market leader in international payroll and compliance, Deel's officially raised Series D of $425 million, bringing our valuation to $5.5 billion. There's never been a more exciting time to join the Deel team.
What you will enjoy working on
- Join a multi-functional remote team to own our products from top to bottom.
- Participate in both product discovery and product delivery cycles and have a real impact on the products owned by the team.
- Collaborate with other specialists and teams to develop new features, APIs, improvements, and fixes to handle our current and future scale.
- Build new features
- Be a part of the team's on-call rotations.
- Help our customers have an awesome experience with our products especially in the areas of subscription, tenant and customer teams management.
Technologies and experience you'll need
- 5+ years of experience as a backend or full-stack developer in the below technologies
- Experienced with AWS services such as API gateway, S3, lambda, RDS, serverless, EKS
- Proficiency with Node.js and at least one other server side language such as Python, Ruby, PHP
- Strong experience working with relational and document-based database technologies, mainly PostgreSQL, MySQL, MongoDB and ORM libraries like Sequelize
You'd be a great fit if you
- Have a deep understanding of designing, writing, running, maintaining and debugging applications across the whole stack in one or more of the technologies listed above.
- Enjoy being part of a highly collaborative, remote-friendly environment.
- Have the ability to be self-directed and be effective working independently, yet feel equally comfortable contributing in a team environment.
- Work well with technical and non-technical people to deliver high-value results, and have excellent verbal communication skills
- Believe that writing code is just the tool to solve customer problems and solving them is what really matters. That said, you should have good problem solving skills
- Have a business-driven approach to software development and are focused on the outcomes rather than outputs.
- Have Attention to detail, and always place yourself in your customer's place
Bonus points if you
- Have experience with a 24/7 SaaS product, running on a major vendor cloud
- Have experience with serverless application architecture on AWS
- Have experience working in distributed teams and work environments.
- Have experience solving problems connected with subscription management, teams access management and access auditing in SaaS products.
- Have knowledge in the Fintech space
- Preferred Time Zones: EU timezone, LatAm
- Life changing pre-IPO equity
- The option of getting paid in digital currency
- Work from wherever you want; the Deel office, your house or the beach
- Learning and development budget for books, courses and conferences
- Remote first working culture and covered remote office space
- All-expenses paid international company off-sites
- Have your birthday on us
- All the latest tech you need