Position: Senior Automation Build and Release Engineer
Team: Platform Infrastructure Engineering (PIE) team at Ivanti
We are looking for a Senior Automation Build and Release Engineer to develop and support automation infrastructure for building and releasing Ivanti products for Cloud, On Prem and mobile platforms. Our services are used by varied spectrum of Ivanti engineers and spawns hundreds of build and release jobs every day in public and private cloud environments.
What you’ll do
● Automate building of java, .Net, XCode and Android projects.
● Package artifacts for easy deployment using docker, ISO/AMI.
● Should have knowledge to package, release and manage iOS and Android applications to Apple AppStore and Google’s Play Store.
● Should be able to write automation which would release apps to Apple Store and Googles Play Store.
● Write tooling to run blackduck scans for analyzing code for open source dependencies and their associated licensing.
● installation and configuration of CI/CD services and manage underlying software infrastructure in bare metal, private cloud and public cloud environments.
● Implement and manage pipelines using continuous integration/delivery tools.
● Should have managed medium to large CI/CD tooling like Jenkins 2.0/Bamboo/ADO.
● Monitor and plan for best performance, reliability, and scalability aspects in the framework.
● Handle application security aspects for CI/CD tooling: authentication, authorization, certificate management, PKI etc.
● Debug and solve complex problems that spans multiple ivanti services.
● Proactively monitor and manage the availability of internal infrastructure and applications.
● Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science/Electronics/Information Technology or MCA in Computer Applications
● 8+ years of experience building CI/CD jobs using Jenkins/ADO using complex groovy code
● 8+ years of implementing build code using Maven/Gradle/Ivy and similar framework
● Strong SQL(NoSQL also preferred) database knowledge including DB management
● Working knowledge in ONE of the orchestration technologies such as Docker/Kubernetes. Terraform, Chef, Puppet, Ansible.
● Ability to code or script automation in at least one language (Groovy, Python, Ruby, Perl, Java, .Net, bash, etc.) on Linux-based platforms
● 3+ years of experiencing deploying and managing applications in AWS/Azure. Should have implemented moderate applications with multitude of AWS services (AMI, VPC, EC2, EBS, S3). Experience using the AWS SDK and the AWS CLI (using python or java bindings) is required.
● 3+ years of Experience in systems administration of BSD and Linux Servers and writing server administration scripts
○ VM Management (VMWare, KVM, OpenStack in that order)
○ OS Installations
○ Filesystem management
○ RPM/ISO/AMI/Docker base image creation and installations
● Understanding and daily use of the SDLC process leveraging Git, Jenkins and JIRA
● Knowledge of best engineering practices for building high performance, reliable and scalable Web Services taking configuration management, change management, artifact propagation and distributed system architecture into account
Nice to have:
• Experience with security scanning tools or open source code scanning tools is a plus
• Rudimentary knowledge about mobile applications, their packaging and deployment aspects would be helpful