We are looking for a senior MES Project Engineer with a Degree in Engineering (Computer Science/Information Technology preferred). The right candidate will have full software development life cycle experience. In this role, you will be fully customer facing and will be working along with the Project Manager to manage the project schedule, lead the project team and ensure timely completion of technical development and tasks.
The right candidate will have experience with Production Scheduling and Optimization, Production Sequencing, Order Execution, Genealogy and Traceability, Overall Equipment Efficiency (OEE), ERP Integration, Production Quality and Automation. Any Statistical Process Control (SPC) experience is a plus. Any Warehouse Management experience is a plus.
In this role, you will have opportunities to work with large and multi-site MES project implementations and will have opportunities to become a Subject Matter Expert in various functions and industries where AVEVA MES is used. You will be part of a large global MES delivery team where you will have opportunities to network, collaborate and improve your MES skills.
You will be someone who will be expected to lead from the front, enforce our technical best practices in project executions and be recognized as an expert with a proven track record of success with practical application, technical innovation and value creation. Someone who enjoys being hands-on and the go-to person for any high-level technical challenges will be very successful in this role.
- Application of Wonderware MES to solve customer issues.
Interview customers and gather customer requirements and business drivers for continuous process improvements.
- Translate gathered information into formal requirements by working with the customer and ensuring alignment with the customer.
- Identify required software system and infrastructure architecture designs.
- Convert gathered formal requirements into a system design that can be easily understood by the customer as well as the project team.
- Work with the Project Manager to provide detailed Work Breakdown Structure for efficient project task management.
- Enforce technical and project execution best practices.
- Manage project team to ensure project tasks are getting completed in a timely fashion.
- Contribute to development of project tasks.
- Manage project source code efficiently.
- Author system acceptance test criteria based on formal requirements and ensure customer requirements are met 100% in a timely fashion.
- Conduct unit testing and system testing as per the test plan.
- Manage development, quality and production environments efficiently.
- Travel up to 25% to customer sites for requirements gathering workshops, design workshops, training workshops, implementation etc.
Skills & Qualifications:
-7-10 years of experience in building MES solutions with at least 3 years of experience demonstrating strong leadership skills in project executions.
- Required Skills (Domain Specific)
- Industrial Automation & Networking
- Solid understanding of SCADA solutions
- Expert in MES Solutions (preferably Wonderware MES)
- Cloud Computing is a plus
- Required Skills (Technical)
- Database Programming (SQL)
- C# or VB .NET Programming
- Report Writing (SQL Server Reporting Services)
- Wonderware MES is a big plus
- Wonderware System Platform is a plus
- Skelta BPM is a plus
We are the makers of the PI System, the leading operations data management platform in essential sectors, such as power generation and utilities, water, oil and gas, mining, metals, manufacturing, pharmaceutical, facilities, transportation, food and beverage, and more. Every day, industrial professionals in 146 countries rely on the PI System to improve operational performance, protect health and safety, keep the lights on, and make the world run more smoothly. Learn more about how you can make a difference at www.osisoft.com/careers .
OSIsoft is now part of AVEVA, a global leader in industrial software, driving digital transformation and sustainability. By connecting the power of information and artificial intelligence with human insight, AVEVA enables teams to use their data to unlock new value. We call this Performance Intelligence.
AVEVA’s comprehensive portfolio enables more than 20,000 industrial enterprises to engineer smarter, operate better and drive sustainable efficiency. The company is headquartered in Cambridge, UK, with over 6,500 employees and 90 offices in over 40 countries.
AVEVA is an equal opportunity employer. Adhering to our tenets, we are pathfinders, we are honest, and we respect people: our customers, partners, and especially our employees.