We are looking to immediately hire a Strategic Finance Lead to manage the finance function for MHW, a high growth market leader in the beverage alcohol space. Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO), the Strategic Finance Lead will lead financial reporting and strategic finance for MHW. We have a platform to provide immediate impact and growth opportunities for a finance leader who is innovative, curious, analytically rigorous, and experienced in scaling finance capabilities.
In this role you will:
· Manage, develop, and improve key internal and external financial processes, including forecasting, performance reporting, and financial reporting for greater accuracy, financial control, and efficiency
· Design, implement and produce monthly consolidated reporting packages for all businesses and key FP&A deliverables, including forecasting, cost control, P&L reviews, and budget analysis
· Partner with our service delivery, marketing, sales, and administrative teams to develop data-driven insights, variance analyses, and objective, driver-based forecasts that unlock growth
· Support ad hoc projects and help define systems improvements to support our growth and drive operational outcomes
· Partner with our technology team to streamline executive and cross-functional reporting dashboards
· Build, mentor and grow a team that is viewed as thought partners to clients and peers
· Work alongside the CFO and Controller to solve complex strategic and tactical problems
Background and Experience Required:
· 8+ years of progressive analytical finance and strategy experience within a public or private company
· Advanced proficiency with Excel, including the ability to create efficient, clean financial models
· Significant expertise and love of auditable financial modeling and setting up automated processes to increase the effectiveness of reporting processes and minimize room for error
· Proven track record of designing and implementing cash flow/working capital forecasts in a complex, data rich environment
· Experience in a variety of financial systems, including ERP systems and financial consolidation software (e.g., Prophix, OneStream, BlackLine, etc.)
· Experience leading the design and implementation of a financial consolidation reporting tool with strong understanding of business processes, project management, and leading practices
· Demonstrated ability to thrive and create value in high-growth, entrepreneurial environments
· Bachelor’s degree required, Masters (MBA or similar) or CPA preferred
Bonus points if you have:
· Previous experience in the beverage alcohol industry
· Familiarity with BI Dashboards (e.g., PowerBI, Tableau, Looker)
· Proficiency with SQL, PowerPivot, PowerQuery, VBA, etc.
· Previous experience with corporate integrations including financial modeling and treasury integration
Ideally, you would be open and able to work remotely and in-office 1-3 days per week (flexible) at our headquarters in Manhasset, NY or office in NYC. MHW is deemed an essential business by the State of New York, and we operate a safe working environment, including social distancing always.
· Medical, Dental, 401K, Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, FSA (Flexible Spending Account), Employee Assistance Program
MHW reinvented how alcoholic beverages go to market in the United States and provides market-leading solutions for market access, sales fulfillment, and compliance management to producers and importers of alcoholic beverage globally. We have helped many of the most successful brands in alcohol enter and excel in the US market. And we are in growth mode to help the next generations of brands achieve outsized success in a highly competitive environment.
MHW was named a Top Employee-Retention Company by Force Brands - Join us as we continue driving innovation and evolution in the beverage alcohol industry!