Senior Network Engineer
Location: Remote (Bethesda, MD)
Duration: 6 + Months
Technical lead for large scale enterprise. Leads technical workgroups and/or functions as a technical expert. Resolves and makes decisions on complex and high-risk issues. Performs research, analysis, design, creation and implementation of infrastructure systems to meet current and future user requirements. Directs Service Providers to modify and maintain existing systems to address changes in business processes. Ensures Service Providers achieve contracted service delivery outcomes. Monitors multiple projects by Service Provider to successful completion, maintaining scope within the time and budget constraints. Responsible for designing efficient and optimal networks, including local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs), the Internet, intranets, and other data communications systems.
• Using PYTHON scripting language for automation mass deployment
• Using PUPPET automation for consistency and efficiency during Firewall policies deployment.
• Firepower 2100,4100 & 9000 series with IDS/IPS all being manage by firewall management center (FMC).
• Architecture and deployment of SD-WAN using Cisco Meraki.
• Designing and deploying campus network using Cisco Nexus 5000, 7000, & 9000 with VPC and DNA.
• Deploying Cloud environment network using AWS and AZURE.
Education and Experience
• Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience/certification
• 5 years’ experience in information technology infrastructure leadership
• 8 years of experience as a Network Engineer with 5+ years in direct hands on role placing emphasis on implementing architectural standards, engineering designs, and project cutovers.
• Must have the ability to multitask in a high-energy environment.
• Expert level of knowledge of Cisco Data Center Architecture including Nexus 9K, 7K, 5K, 2K, WLC and IP Services.
• Experience with firewalls, network load balancers, and WAN optimizers.
• Strong understanding of MPLS, BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, LAN/WAN network design, TCP/IP, wireless networking and network problem resolution including packet capture analysis.
• DNS implementation and support experience
• Ability to comprehend, analyze and research problems of a complex nature, contributing to problem resolution decisions and operational recommendations.
• Proficient with high availability planning, component redundancy design and implementation.
• Ability to design a large-scale enterprise network using standard best practices.
• Demonstrated history of excellent communications and writing skills with the ability to facilitate technical designs and architecture discussion with stakeholders.
• Cisco certifications including CCDP, CCNP are preferred.
• Technical leadership experience in a multi-sourced SLA driven environment
• Project management skills
• Excellent communication skills and problem solving ability.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and with others.
• Ability to manage the details and compliance with standards and expectations.
• Technical infrastructure operations, administration, or engineering work history
• Experience with Network Management tools for performance, fault and capacity management, topology mapping, application dependency mapping, application performance and configuration management.
• Good understanding of Cisco wireless infrastructure; Cisco WLC, ACS, various model access points, multiple SSID with various access list and QoS at the wireless network.
• Design, test, and inspect Network systems and services
• Experience supporting large complex global network operations
• Strong understandings of DNS using Infoblox Grid architecture
• Experience with Quality of Service in various data/voice network implementations.
• Good understanding and working knowledge of TCP/IP, netflow, access-control lists, policy-based routing, performance routing (PfR), peering, and DNS.
• Experience with Visio, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.