Our client is a young startup with an ambitious project – they develop a new global digital currency that will launch by giving a share to every single person on earth.
They believe that the transition to a native financial layer on the internet is an important step for humanity. It is free, frictionless, and not controlled by anyone. This transition has already started on a small scale for insiders, but cryptocurrencies have failed to reach mass adoption over the last 10 years.
The company aims to rectify this by creating a new cryptocurrency and distributing it to everyone on earth through a novel approach: a dedicated hardware device ensuring both humanness and uniqueness of everybody signing up, while maintaining their privacy and the overall transparency of a permissionless blockchain.
In This Role You Can Expect To
* Program mostly in Go, learning from and contributing to a team committed to continually improving their skills
* Work with AWS infrastructure provisioned through Terraform and directly with services like S3, EKS, EC2, etc
* Own the full lifecycle of feature development from design through testing and release
* Participate in on-call rotation to provide application support, incident management, and troubleshooting
You may be a good fit for our team if you have:
*Experience in a lower-level language like Go.
*You are familiar with micro-services architectures, and ideally have seen them in operation at a global scale
*You have prior experience working in high performance or distributed systems;
*You’ve been responsible for production services in the past and have a deep understanding of delivering software at scale, and maintaining operational excellence.
*You are able to knowledgeably discuss performance, security, and user interactions in complex systems
* You have built and operated a large scale distributed system service
*You have expertise in AWS and Kubernetes
*Experience with Mongo
*You thrive in a fast-paced environments with ever-changing priorities
*Health, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family
*Unlimited time off
*Flexible work hours
*Professional learning and development stipend
*Lunch and dinner each day upon return to the office