A Senior Backend Engineer at CloudQuery works on the SaaS version for our open-source tools
We primarily use Golang, deployed on Google Cloud. We care about thoughtful, tested, documented code that delivers excellence to our customers. This is a unique opportunity to be part of building a product with significant market fit as it scales exponentially.
Beyond strong traditional technical skills, we’re huge fans of clean design thinking and architecting, as well as communication and an ability to learn and adapt.
The role comes with immense scope for growth and impact in a zero-ego, zero-BS environment. We’re building a team that works together to solve hard problems that will enable us to achieve our mission to build a developer-first infrastructure security company.
In this role, you will develop new skills:
• By working with world class technical and business leadership
• To build teams and ship features in a hyper-growth environment
• To constantly challenge a codebase and implement new patterns / libraries to improve readability and efficiency What you will do
• Participate in the entire application lifecycle, from architecting to development, testing, and review • Design and build resilient and efficient systems with clean code and good documentation
• Work closely with Product to design functionality
• Collaborate with frontend developers to integrate user-facing elements with server side logic
• Promote best practices across the team and the engineering organization
• Give guidance to more junior developers
• Build reusable code and libraries for future use
• Provide training and support to internal teams.
We believe in everybody learning from each other
The experience you will have
• 5 + years experience of software engineering experience
• 1.5+ years of experience with Go.
• A passion for good design and architecture, including in the context of large-scale web applications
• Curiosity and the ability to learn what’s required to get the job done
• Systematic problem solving approach and knowledge of algorithms, data structures and complexity analysis
• Experience with unit testing, integration testing, or similar testing frameworks
• A passion for good documentation
• Experience with database technologies like SQL, noSQL, key-value stores (e.g. mySQL, Postgres, MongoDB, Redis…)
• Experience with cloud technologies such as Google Cloud or AWS. Experience with continuous integration and deployment • Good communication skills, team player and comfortable working with cross functional teams
• A desire to build large-scale technology that can change the world for the better