The role is varied, covering low latency development, data processing, signal and strategy implementation, improvements to the operational pipeline and post-trade data analysis. You will touch all areas of the trading stack and be involved in the entire strategy lifecycle from design to operations. This is an ideal role for someone who combines great technical skills with an interest in the trading domain and a can-do flexible attitude.
We are looking for a C++ engineer who loves solving problems and building software that strives to be robust and fast. You do not need to know about trading or be a low level systems developer, but you need to be excited to learn about both.
What your main responsibilities will be...
• Design, implement, test, document and roll out trading infrastructure solutions
These include, but are not limited to:
• Signal, strategy and execution development.
• Operational tooling.
• Trade development and data processing tools.
• Market access and execution monitoring solutions.
• Operational and risk systems to support the above.
• Work in concert with trading desks, risk and IT Ops to deliver the above to their requirements in a manner that’s efficiently operated and monitored.
• Build, deploy and operate trading systems in a production environment.
• Work with the IT Ops team on trading system documentation, diagnosis of production incidents and their resolution.
These are the essential skills you need…
• Deep knowledge of C++ and STL.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills, interested in finance and trading.
• Ability to work in an agile environment, flexible and adaptable.
• Good design skills.
• Good understanding of data structures, their implementation and time complexity.
• Experience with Linux systems calls for I/O, networking and process management.
If you also had these skills, it would be an added bonus…
• Familiarity with trading systems and markets.
• Experience in the derivatives or equities trading industry.
• Experience with market data and order entry protocol implementations in a low-latency environment.
• Experience building systems that connect to and/or trade on derivatives or equity exchanges.
• Experience building execution platforms.
• Experience integrating front and back office trading systems.
• Familiarity with Python (pandas, numpy, matplotlib and other data analysis tooling available in the Python universe) and basic SQL.
Ideally, you have the following qualifications and experience…
• B.Sc. Computer Science or other engineering disciplines.
• 4+ in C++ software development on Linux.