• The Microsoft Cloud Administrator helps align our corporate strategies into tactical Microsoft
solutions such as Microsoft Azure that best meets our business needs. This role implements,
monitors, and maintains Microsoft Azure solutions, including major services related to
compute, storage, network, and security.
• This role defines what is needed to be done to implement Microsoft cloud solutions, using
written and verbal communication skills to scope, assemble, and propose solutions. This is a
hands-on role that can manage, facilitate, and coordinate execution of proposed solutions
• This role also ensures that the operational activities required to manage and administrate the
implemented solutions are documented and executed consistently by Sidra Research to meet
security and audit requirements.
• Configure, monitor and ensure reliable backups are obtained daily for Azure environments.
• Build and test server and network systems in Azure with a focus on cost, security and
efficiencies through server consolidation.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Works with Development to create and support Test/Dev/Production environments in Azure.
• Participates and/or leads activities responsible for planning, installing, configuration, maintenance,
documentation, troubleshooting, and upgrading Azure related services.
• Troubleshoots, resolves, and/or escalates complex problems to vendors as needed to address system, network,
application, and customer problems.
• Collaborates with other teams within Sidra Research team as part of daily operations, projects, and/or various
• Provide cyber security expertise in the analysis, assessment, development, and evaluation of security solutions
and architectures to secure applications, operating systems, databases, and networks.
• Manages server operating systems and networks in Azure cloud (Windows, Linux/Unix), to include directory
services, storage maintenance and backup.
• Monitors, analyzes, reports, and remediates systems activity to ensure optimal performance and operation.
• Develops and maintains documentation covering essential job functions and supported systems.
• Hands-on experience in provisioning, installation, configuration, and maintenance of the system hardware
and software, and related infrastructure is required.
• Professional experience in Microsoft Azure technologies and products, including Azure SQL, Azure Cloud
Data Warehouse, Azure Active Directory, Microsoft Power BI, Power Apps, Office 365, and SharePoint is a
• Deploying and Configuring Virtual Networks.
• Implement and configure security controls and policies, manage access to data, and monitor threats to ensure
that apps, containers, infrastructure, and networks are protected.
• Configure access and privileges within Azure cloud solution environment using the defense-in-depth
• Manage operations within azure cloud environment such using native tools like Log Analytics, Azure Monitor
and Azure Security Center.
• Ensure compliance and increase the Security posture Scire of Workloads in Azure cloud
• Orchestrating Routing Paths, especially in a Hybrid Cloud.
• Managing Public and Private IP addresses for your VMs and selected other Azure resources.
• A degree in Computer Science or other related field.
• Minimum of 8 years of extensive and applied experience administering Windows Server OS,
Linux OS, patching, domain admin, network configuration, security monitoring.
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in Azure Cloud, planning, migrating, and managing
• Background with Active Directory Services including DNS, DHCP, and DFS.
• Experience administering Azure Services: App Service, Azure SQL, Blob Storage, Key Vault,
ExpressRoute, Site to Site Tunnels to On-Premises Network, Virtual machines, Virtual
• Familiarity with MOTC approved Azure Architecture, Azure Security Center and Azure Monitor
• Azure Migration experience, migrating on-premises solutions to the cloud using Azure Migrate
(or other) tools.
• Excellent knowledge of Multi factor authentication (Azure MFA preferred), Microsoft AD
Integration with Cloud Applications/Microsoft Azure Active Directory.
• Functional knowledge of Network Routing, Security and Administration.