Secret Chord Laboratories = Neuroscience + Music + Machine Listening
SCL is a music technology startup company that provides music creators and their teams with neuroscience-powered, cloud-based tools that inform artistic and business decisions throughout a song's life. We are passionate about all things music, deep tech, and the brain. The company was founded by two neuroscientists and a president of a record label and artist management company. Together, Secret Chord is developing an AI music enjoyment platform, dopr, which provides never-before-seen insights for released and unreleased music. As part of their doctoral work, our neuroscientist co-founders established that certain patterns of **surprise** in music features (like harmony, melody, rhythm, etc) can predict music preference. This allows us to understand where music trends are headed, rather than just imitate what was popular yesterday.
Check out SCL's recent press!
We are looking to add an inspired and passionate deep learning engineer to our dev team. If you are organized, focused, diligent, love designing performant and elegant backend systems and want to be a part of the next wave of music analytics, read on.
Three of us are based in the Philadelphia area, but you can work remotely.
$40-$80 per hour
We are looking for an expert in deep learning / machine learning to help us extract value from our data, augment our current models, train models, and assist in deploying models into production.
This is a part-time position of 10 to 20 hours per week to start, with the possibility of growth into a full-time position with equity.
- Help drive improvement of overall model performance
- Design simple experiments and run them to help debug issues
- Optimize data pipelines for rapid prototyping, cost efficiency and model deployment
- Use SQL and Mongo databases to store and retrieve data in order to create datasets.
- Stay up to date with state of the art research in the field and incorporate new advancements into SCL's algorithms
*The ideal candidate will be passionate about artificial intelligence and stay up-to-date with the latest developments in the field. Knowledge of music data and music information retrieval is a plus.* 🎹
This project will include the use of deep learning algorithms to estimate expected commercial performance (total streams) of recent music using audio waveforms, hand engineered features, and metadata. These models will then be used to project future earnings and evaluate the overall quality of new, unreleased music.
- Exploring and visualizing data to gain an understanding of it, then identifying differences in data distribution that could affect performance when deploying the model in the real world
- Verifying data quality, and/or ensuring it via data cleaning
- Defining data augmentation pipeline
- Training models and tuning their hyperparameters
- Analyzing the errors of the model and designing strategies to overcome them
- Deploying models to production
We are deeply committed to fostering a diverse community within our company. Therefore, we are trying to recruit people of all backgrounds, ethnicities, genders, etc, to help us build something that an equally diverse set of people will use and love.
Does Secret Chord Laboratories seem like the perfect opportunity for you? Apply at https://forms.gle/GTB6F3qxRAJ5sndw9