Please note this job can only be performed remotely within the United Kingdom - we cannot accept overseas applicants at this time.
Summary of the Role
A fantastic opportunity for an experienced digitally centric Account Director to inspire and lead a vibrant team of marketers. You must be able to engage at a senior stakeholder level within your clients. We are not looking for brief takers. You will be accountable for developing productive, efficient and deeper relationships with existing and new stakeholders within your key clients. Be the turn-to person for anything relating to your client/s with a passion for getting the best outcome and delivery for your client.
Of course, you will be passionate about marketing and experience of working with B2B Technology clients would be a distinct advantage. Leading by example is instinctive and you will be a natural communicator.
Ultimately, three factors will determine success:
• Manage existing levels of business.
• Increase turnover through inspired thinking.
• Expand our footprint within your clients by consistently delivering valuable marketing solutions.
Skills, competencies and experience
• Significant experience in an integrated marketing agency
• A thorough knowledge of the dynamics of digital marketing technologies, on-line communications, and social media and their application within integrated marketing programmes. For example, you’ll be comfortable leading teams to deliver marketing programmes incorporating digital experiences, marketing automation, content syndication, programmatic advertising, social selling, PPC, retargeting, etc.
• You’ll be a natural and charismatic leader – one that others will aspire to and naturally follow.
• A natural problem solver with the ability to inspire confidence in those around you.
• The ability to lead stakeholders and be confident in questioning briefs to ensure we are fully equipped to deliver smart solutions.
• You will be accomplished at leading client meetings and instinctively know what your client will expect to get out of those sessions and extract the intelligence TMWB requires to deliver back high-quality solutions to the client.
• Ability to be calm under pressure – our working environment gets extremely busy.
• Possess a great eye for detail.
• Naturally, you’ll need to be a confident communicator (written and verbal) with a strong personality that can work well in established client relationships and accomplished at developing new relationships.
• The ability to work independently when needed, be forward thinking and use initiative.
Core responsibilities of the day-to-day role
• From any briefing, provide support, understanding and advice on the requirements across all aspects of the largest marketing programmes.
• Develop and deliver (sometimes be hands-on) the response to brief (quality, schedule and cost) that will delight the client.
• Responsible for both internal and external services so that all deadlines and agreed delivery criteria are met, being accountable for delivery of agreed profit margins.
• Formulate and execute marketing plans incorporating all key stakeholders ensuring activities are in-line with client objectives, delivered on-time, within budget and over-achieve the desired performance.
• Think strategically to identify key business challenges and develop highly effective solutions, supported with a deep understanding of client business.
• Demonstrate a consultative approach in the development of deeper client relationships.
• Be accountable to the Board for commercial performance, professional conduct and quality of output for all assigned clients.
• Ensure through efficient administration systems and close monitoring of suppliers that all jobs are carried out efficiently and to a high standard.
• Develop a central co-ordination role for your team providing accurate briefing and ensuring all relevant project information is readily available to all parties at the right time.
• Be aware of and monitor client’s marketing activity and that of their competition, developing an understanding of market dynamics, and client/competitor strategies and objective.
• Review all jobs on completion both internally through project reconciliation and externally in a client summary of the marketing performance/ROI.
• Ensure that all accounting procedures are efficiently adhered to for TMWB and your clients.
• Monitor accuracy of invoicing and payment of invoices by clients; maintain awareness of client expenditure month on month. Ensure profitability of projects.
• Collate all relevant information to drive accurate client billing forecasts every month.
• Lead all client planning and forecasting activities.
• Take a leading role in the development and delivery of client presentations.
• Train and mentor junior team members