You will be responsible for preparing to lead and facilitating the Development course over ten weeks for entrepreneurs in the DTES. There will be 10 modules in this course. This position requires high emotional and cultural sensitivity, and experience building small micro-businesses.
* Facilitate weekly workshops at 4-10 hours per weeks in groups of 3-6 entrepreneurs
* Actively engage and collaborate with entrepreneurs in the workshop
* Thoroughly teach weeks for Business plan, online and offline marketing, cash flow and showcase presentation
* Work with the Teaching Assistant to maintain accurate workshop metrics, including attendance rosters, evaluations, and other reporting documents
* Administer surveys at the first and last workshop to support the data collection requirements of funding agencies
* Compassionate and cares deeply for the DTES community
* 2+ years of experience volunteering/working in the DTES
* Self-starter, curious by nature and keen appetite to learn and figure new concepts/ideas out through research
* Strong interpersonal skills and high relational empathy
* Strong relational empathy, compassion, and patience
* High resilience, persistence, and flexibility
* Proactive in finding creative ways to deliver challenging concepts/themes
* Must be enrolled in post-secondary education and have completed, or be in the process of completing, a degree related to Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences, English, and/or Communications.
* Strong history of education/training in the areas of adult learning, facilitation of educational programs for adults a plus, and such training may be considered in lieu of other educational requirements