Job Title: Resource Mobilization Specialist – Volunteer
Level: International Volunteer Position
Duration: 6 months, to be elevated to long-term upon funding.
Line Subordinate: Programs coordinator
The position holder is responsible for donor engagement, fundraising and proposal writing, and managing high value fundraising projects, international partnership development (IPD) and mobilization of strategic resources to support United African Orphans and Widows Foundation programs in Uganda.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Lead the development of a fundraising strategy (in line with UAOWF fundraising policy).
· Provide advice on institutional donor requirements and private foundations including reporting timelines and expectations.
· Support proposal development through coordinating the establishment of proposal development working groups with representatives from key departments within UAOWF and ensure key actions are delegated and timelines maintained.
· Advice Leaders/management on potential funding opportunities and changes in donor priorities
· Identify and source quality technical and programming support in a timely manner.
· Support the drafting of external reports and work with Programme team to finalize these in accordance with donor requirements and timelines.
· Network and liaise with key donors.
· Work keenly with management to identify key areas to focus funding tasks
· Manage relationships, follow up with donors and create partnerships with organisations.
· Create internal database of past, current and potential donors
· Prepare, submit, and manage grant proposals to foundation and corporate companies.
· Maintain current records in database and in paper files, including grant tracking and reporting.
To be able to carry out the above responsibilities, the Resource Mobilization Manager should have the following capabilities:
· Ability to meet tight deadlines and work independently
· be innovative and creative
· Excellent interpersonal communications skills including excellent computer skills.
· Demonstrate strong facilitation, negotiation and networking skills
· Demonstrate understanding and commitment to shared values of the organization.
· Have empathy as well as high commitment in working with rural communities.
· Gender sensitive (*Rural Women economic empowerment through income generating Activities)*
· Working in team and team building.
· Have great interest in understanding and supporting development of the communities.
• Orientation about UAOWF programs
• Currently there is no salary for this position until grants are accessed by the applicant
• Successful candidate can work remotely from his/her home Country & submit monthly progress report or be prepared to live and work in very basic condition with limited access to electricity, internet.
• The volunteer will have to cover his or her own expenses eg Visa, Air ticket and insurance related cost while travelling to Uganda.
• Shared accommodation in residential area in Juba, South Sudan shall be provided during visits if the Volunteer accept to that.
• Reimbursements shall be done for all volunteer work-related expenses upon successful grant application.
• Field trip to South Sudan/Uganda can be discussed and organized.
• More information can be requested, for more information about (United African Orphans and Widows Foundation – UAOWF) kindly visit our website on www.uaowfuganda.org
Applications should be submitted on line to the below address;
Programs coordinator: email@example.com