ZAKKI is a non-profit social civic-tech organization that focuses on building inclusive integrated communities for marginalized people, especially the elderly and people with disabilities. We aim to provide micro-business assistance to help the elderly and people with disabilities in the informal sector achieve better livelihoods by facilitating donations distribution and deployment and offering greater market exposure. We derive information about beneficiaries from volunteers and the crowd, and this online platform serves as an alternative channel to distribute donations to those in need. Our organization is based on voluntary membership, and our volunteers conduct reports and verify beneficiaries. They also supervise the deployment of assistance and monitor beneficiaries' progress in their livelihoods.
Role Description :
ZAKKI is seeking a FULL STACK DEVELOPER - ADVISOR - REMOTE VOLUNTEER. This is a volunteer and remote role. The Full Stack Developer - ADVISOR - REMOTE VOLUNTEER will collaborate with UIUX Designer team and other PWA Programmers volunteers to develop and implement, PWA that supports the organization's initiatives and operations.
The DEVELOPER ADVISOR is only required to give advice to the UIUX DESIGNER team concerning the feasibility of a feature being developed. We are not expecting the DEVELOPER ADVISOR to do coding (programming). For the PROGRAMMER, the volunteer is required to contribute to the development of the product, which means coding (programming) the product.
• Experience with databases and SQL
• Experience working with front-end frameworks such as React and Vue.js
• Experience working with back-end frameworks such as Django, Flask, Laravel.
• Experience integrating external APIs and cloud services such as AWS, Google Cloud Platform or Microsoft Azure
• Ability to work with version control tools such as Git, SVN
• Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, Information Technology or a related field, or demonstrable work experience. Students who are studying these subjects are also welcome to apply.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrated experience in developing software in a collaborative environment
• Experience and interest in social impact work and nonprofits is a plus
• Experience as a remote worker is a plus
Interested applicants are required to fill up this Google Form.