A nonprofit's volunteer is very prized and especially appreciated as they are donating their time, their skills, and their dedication to the organization in a unique way. Seeking an experienced grant writer for a startup organization who knows, understands, and appreciates modern professional-level grant writing work and its best practices.
Making A Difference For You Inc. was organized exclusively for charitable and educational purposes. Specifically, Making A Difference For You will help individuals reach their highest potential through knowledge, which will be an increase to inspire one to succeed.
MAD4YU has embraced the national community action promise that “Community Action changes people’s lives, embodies the spirit of hope, improves communities, and makes America a better place to live." The primary activities of Making A Difference For You that will occupy about 50% of the organization's time, will focus on PC Training, Windows, Word, Excel, Internet, Email; Self Esteem Building, Preparing Winning Resumes, Homework Assistance, Mentoring and Managing Money. Occupying the other 50% of the organizations time will focus on Internet Access, Photo copying; Faxing, Notary, Transportation, Lawn Care, and Elderly Assistance Services.
Essential Job Functions:
• Research grant programs and plans;
• Draft funding proposals/applications;
• Support MAD4YU Director in efforts to secure funding for capital improvementprojects for programs and services and other grant eligible programs for the MAD4YU
•Write or assist director in preparing proposals/applications;
• Edit draft applications for accuracy, completeness, clarity, and submittal of all required data – in accordance with grant/loan requirements;
• Provide timely advice and information on funding opportunities, requirements, and procedures;
• Prepare quarterly or annual reports as required by granting agencies;
• Serve as liaison between the organization and outside funding agencies and groups;
• Participate in meetings and discussions in which decisions affecting the organization projects are made;
• Provide information, research, analysis, written reports, and recommendations, as needed;
• Perform other duties, as assigned.