To be a part of a fast paced environment that will allow me to utilize my knowledge and experience in QA and Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC). A results-driven Quality Analyst, with a successful background in quality assurance, defect tracking and UAT testing. Expert in using testing tools to include Mercury Quality Center, Jira, and ALM for developing and executing testing strategy, test plans, test cases, and defect tracking.
Professional Experience: - Banking, Finance, Insurance and Health care, mobile applications ,POS system
• Over 7 years of industry experience as QA Analyst. (3 years’ experience in Amusement Industry as Purchase Manager and QA ) + 7 years of Experience in Travel and Leisure as Operations Manager )
• Strong experience in Manual Testing and Automation of Web based and Client-server application testing including Black box and White box testing techniques for Functional, Integration, System, Regression and User Acceptance Testing.
• Experience in all phases of Software development life Cycle (SDLC), STLC & Testing Methodologies.
• Strong experience in, JIRA, , HP ALM
• Good experience in Manual testing, Automation testing using HP ALM/Quality Centre, Extensively performed System Integration testing, data validation for websites, navigation testing, Unit testing, GUI testing, Regression testing, Functional, Positive and Negative testing.
• Involved in creating Scenarios and Step Definitions for the enhancement of projects.
• Expertise in writing Test Scenarios, Test Strategy and Test Cases using HP Quality Centre.
• Experience in understanding Process Design Documentation and Functional design Specifications.
• Experience in Handling the Team successfully both at Onsite and Offshore
• Experienced in Adhoc Testing, Smoke Testing, Functional, Regression, Integration and User Acceptance Testing.
• Highly proficient in Creating and Implementing Test Plans and Test Cases based on user Requirements and Functional Specifications.
• Proven expertise with entire QA life cycle activities such as Requirements Analysis, Design, Development and Implementation of Test Scripts/Test Cases, Entry and Exit criteria’s, Defect tracking and Documentation.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, proven team player with an analytical bent to problem solving and delivering under high stress environment.
• Good analytical and ability to work independently with minimal supervision and also perform as part of a team
• Strong organizational and communication skills both verbal and written
• Knowledge on API web services testing and using SQL data base
• Prepared Test Cases based on the business and functional specifications.
• Coordinated and worked closely with product Owner during gathering requirements for the product and documented test cases.
• Reviewed the test cases written for Unit and Integration level.
• Analyzed test specifications and converted them into Manual Test Cases.
• Attending daily scrum and stand-ups for both projects, discussed and interacted with team members.
• Performed User Acceptance Testing.
• Performing Pre release and Post release verification / Exploratory testing / Regression testing
• Performed Security Testing (Authorization Testing, Access Control Testing).
• Worked on SQL statements in checking the validity of the Backend.
• Reported software defects in JIRA and ALM Quality Center and interacted with the developers to resolve technical issues.
• Leading both projects and coordinating with offshore / assigning the task to offshore
• Having daily call with offshore to take daily updates
• Working on Mobile application covering Charles / analytics testing , and tagging events
• Streamlined and set QA process
• Creating Jira cycles and updating on daily basis
• Executed Automated Tagging Scripts to make sure events are firing as expected.
• Creating data credentials using SQL Developers
• Worked on time estimates based on the requirements for QA efforts
• Trouble shooting /debugging the scripts and tests
• Test Planning. • Works with the SCRUM team to understand user stories for the project.
• Develops strategies and plans for approval from the QA manager and lead.
• Provides estimates and task lists for the testing activities within projects.
• Test Analysis.
• Reviews user stories and design specifications to ensure test requirements can be derived from other project deliverables.
• Using these deliverables, determines testing requirements that define the testing to be developed and executed for the project.
• Test Design.
• From project requirements and design specifications, designs the test cases, test procedures, and coverage within testing tools.
• Verify testing results and accurately track defects.
• Perform feature and regression testing in Test, Staging and Production lifecycle.
• Participate in defect tracking and problem-determination throughout the feature development life cycle.