I'm Antony Methu, a communication and media professional with a degree and EF SET English proficiency certificate. I excel in writing, editing, and communication. With a growth mindset and strong attention to detail, I'm proactive and up-to-date with industry trends. I'm a skilled digital marketer versed in SEO and social media content. My proactive approach ensures effective and tailored project outcomes. I'm excited to offer my freelancing services on RemoteHub.
Jul 2023 – Present
As a transcriptionist, my tasks include accurately transcribing audio and video recordings, maintaining high accuracy, adhering to formatting guidelines, meeting deadlines, proofreading for quality, utilizing strong language skills, researching when needed, ensuring confidentiality, collaborating with teams, incorporating feedback, staying updated on industry trends, and effectively managing transcribed files.
Getembe Television Network
Sep 2022 – Dec 2022
• Researched, wrote, edited, and produced stories at least two stories per day for company websites and social media platforms.
• Captured and edited audio, video, and photographs to provide multimedia content to enhance stories.
• Adhered to ethical and legal standards to maintain credibility and trust with audiences.
• Stayed up-to-date with current events and trends to stay ahead of the competition.
• Collaborated with other journalists and departments to produce well-rounded and comprehensive news coverage.
• Utilized social media to promote stories and build an audience.
Kenya News Agency
May 2022 – Aug 2022
• Proved successful working within tight deadlines and a fast-paced environment.
• Developed strong communication and organizational skills through working on group projects.
• Assisted with day-to-day operations, working efficiently and productively with all team members in orchestrating interviews with diverse
subjects, amplifying marginalized voices and local activists.
• Cultivated interpersonal skills by building positive relationships with others.
• Organized and detail-oriented with a strong work ethic.
• Proven ability to learn quickly and adapt to new situations.
• Collaborated with senior journalists, seamlessly integrating multimedia elements for immersive storytelling.
• Established rapport during interviews, capturing authentic and impactful narratives.
Kisii University Repentance and Holiness Students' Fellowship
Mar 2020 – May 2022
• Designed a wide range of promotional materials, including brochures, posters, and digital content, aligning with the organization's outreach
• Collaborated closely with the outreach team to conceptualize and create visually compelling materials for events, campaigns, and initiatives.
• Contributed to creative brainstorming sessions, offering fresh design perspectives and ideas to enrich outreach strategies.
• Demonstrated proficiency in the use of Adobe Design Suite