We are a growing group of 140+ talented people, spread over three continents and united by one common mission: To improve efficiency in shipping through transparency and data-driven decisions.
Being at the forefront of a movement that's leading to a new digital era for shipping, we continuously set ambitious goals that often produce complex challenges and drive us to constantly innovate.
Each day at MarineTraffic presents numerous opportunities to develop skills, share knowledge and have fun. We are an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees, one that is fair and honest and gives our people the confidence to be bold, to try new things and to grow.
As a result of our significant growth we are looking to add a seasoned sales hunter to drive sales activity in APAC region as part of the Singapore sales team. It requires an entrepreneur and self-starter mentality, someone who can bring new logos across various key verticals.
We are looking for a competitive and trustworthy Territory Sales Manager to help us build up our business outbound activities. You will be responsible for managing new and existing customer sales requests and maintaining customer satisfaction. The goal is to meet and surpass the company’s expectations to drive rapid and sustainable growth.
Responsibilities of your role:
- Managed an assigned territory with the associated revenue targets and commission structure.
- Able to develop and present a thorough territory plan within the first 90 days.
- Execute business development activity to strategically grow the customer base through prospecting and cold calling. Leverage a repeatable sales process to drive to closure. Be expert at selling to both commercial organizations and government across a range of industry verticals.
- Exceed activity, pipeline and revenue targets and lead contract negotiations.
- Keep accurate and complete information on the Salesforce CRM system including prospecting activity, closing, sales pipeline and forecasting, close ratios and market intelligence.
- Obtain in-depth knowledge of MarineTraffic’s products and services.
- Follow a consultative approach in order to understand client’s needs and business challenges.
- Accurately calculate quotations, handle invoices and license agreements.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders (Pre-Sales, Product, Engineering) regarding existing and new clients to identify and resolve client concerns. Establish and maintain current and potential client relationships.
- To research and utilize industry tools to identify opportunities for business growth.
- Sharing Customer feedback, communicating product and services opportunities, with internal teams at MarineTraffic.
- Participate in marketing events, trade shows and company events.
- Approximately 30% to 40% travel.
- Report to the Regional Sales Manager on (weekly/monthly/quarterly) sales results.
It’s essential that you have:
- 3-5 years of prior sales experience working for a technology vendor selling Enterprise solutions (Data, Cloud, Software, SaaS).
- Previous experience of working at established and early-stage companies.
- A track record of developing a greenfield territory, adding net new logos.
- A hunting mentality with a very strong Sales DNA and demonstrated success.
- The ability to identify use cases and value propositions across a broad range of verticals.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Fluent in English, knowledge of other languages is beneficial.
- Have strong numeracy and analytical skills.
- Have good IT skills: you are comfortable using Microsoft Office.
- The ability to work cross-culturally and cross-functionally.
- The right level of entrepreneurship, creativity, and commitment.
- Maritime domain experience is a plus.
- Have a prior experience in shipping or fleet operations will be an added advantage.
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher.
- Work in an international, dynamic and fun environment, at a growing company
- Attractive remuneration package
- Continuing education and training
- Pleasant and fun working environment
- Huge learning experience and room for experimentation.
- Remote work flexibility
If you’ve read the description carefully and feel you are a genuine fit for this role, which is both challenging and fun, we would like to hear from you.
Get your career on course by joining a globally recognized industry leader. Apply now.