Hello... it's me, Yahya=)
A web-developer working with WordPress and I'm based in Cairo, Egypt.
My clients come from diverse backgrounds... education, non-profit, performing and visual arts.
Let me help you get your business on the World Wide Web with a responsive WordPress website ;)
May 2005 – Present
Jan 2011 – Jan 2011
Marketing Coordinator for “The Butterfly Pilots”
“The Butterfly Pilots” is a children’s theatre performance that was to tour Egypt (three cities... Cairo, Alexandria & El-Minya) in February 2011 for a series of live performances and workshops
I managed the marketing campaign for the tour in Egypt (performances and workshops), handling the following...
- Communications: Contacting schools and NGOs and arranging for the performances and workshops
- Design: Designing publicity material (flyers and posters)
- Online publicity: Through social-media (Facebook) and email announcements
Aug 2010 – Nov 2010
* Organized the “CCIftar Cairo”, the first - official - promotional event for Creative Commons in Egypt
- Communications: Contacting/Inviting speakers to the event
- Logistics: Venue setup and budget management
* Developed the roadmap for building an active community for Creative Commons (Egypt)
Dec 2009 – May 2010
Webmaster (Arabic Edition)
I managed the Arabic edition/website through the following...
- Updating the website with new articles and news items
- Designing and mass-emailing the biweekly newsletter
- Re-touching the old layout-design
Studio Emad Eddin Foundation
Aug 2006 – Dec 2009
Throughout my three years with SEE Foundation, I managed to provide cost-effective IT solutions that best suits with the studio needs. Including...
- Deployment of the SalesForce (CRM), which offered a smoother mass-mailing process (+3000 contacts) and helped SEE reach-out to a wider audience.
It also served as a cloud-based system to help in a better management for the membership & casting applications data
- Development & maintenance of a brand new easy-to-update website with tools to keep the Studio members more engaged and connected
- Designing marketing material for events & workshops... posters, brochures, email-templates, DVD covers
- Managing the online community (Facebook group)... creating and publicizing for events, sending-out news/announcements and answering group members inquiries
Sep 2004 – Jul 2005
Arabc Translations Editor
I joined TIG's team of multilingual editors to translate (from English to Arabic) & edit the Arabic translations for the content of TakingITGlobal (Arabic version), to help with the launch of TIG Arabic (in September 2004)